Geez... did you hear? The Jacksons are going on tour next year. Seriously?? Why?! Who is the audience for this tour? I mean, I get why they need the money but, damn, Tito is going to be 55 next year! No, really. Jackie will be closer to 60 than 50... hell, Michael will be 50! Again, who wants to see this!?! The last hit they had as The Jacksons, "Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)" came out 30 years ago.

This is just wrong. It's not like The Temptations or O'Jays going on tour... they were grown ass men during the height of their careers so their songs hold up now. The Jacksons songs will just sound silly... or creepy. Why don't performers know when it's time to hang 'em up? This is somewhere between Ernie Isley still rocking the vest with no shirt underneath [dude, that look is over for you] and Garry Shider from Parliament still wearing the diaper [okay, nothing is as nasty as that!].

I did find the press coverage interesting. Depending on where you live this is either noteworthy or an excuse to diss the Jackson family. I'm not trying to make it personal, I just can't figure out who the demographic is for this joint. The picture I have in my head isn't pretty though, on or off the stage.

Thirty years ago this would have been a big deal for all the right reasons, now I just want to tell them, "Stop! The [shame] you save may be your own."

0 comments: