7/05/2008

Hot 16


  • Hil St. Soul - Hanging On... don't know how this British neo-soul songstress is still underground... I checked her in 2000... where's the love?

  • Common - Universal Mind Control... Com taking it back and forward at the same time.

  • Anthony David ft. india.arie - Words... AD is the dopest neo-soul cat you've never heard, makes Hil seem like Mariah Carey he's so far underground... best neo soul duet since Jill Scott & Darius Rucker.

  • Quentin Harris ft. Margaret Grace - My Joy... Ooohh there's that JRZ club DJ comin' out again...

  • Ryan Leslie ft Cassie - Addiction... some of my people are all over me for liking this dude but it sounds fresh to me.

  • Algebra - Nothing To Prove... so the underground continues... Kedar's latest discovery.

  • N.E.R.D. - Ant I Matter... little rock, little rap... must be nice to be able to make whatever you want.

  • Lil Wayne ft T-Pain - Got Money... this joint bangs which is crazy considering how overexposed these dudes are... every now and then the southern thing works for me... this is one of those times.

  • Robin Thicke - Magic... maybe this dude isn't a gimmick after all... this cut is the truth.

  • Incognito - Silence of Mind... like they never left - they have a formula and it still works.

  • Trebla - Many Miles... pure house music... give me this at 2am in any club.

  • Al Green ft Anthony Hamilton - Lay it Down... soul music for real.

  • Gnarls Barkley - Who's Gonna Save My Soul... what they sound like when they aren't bugging out.

  • Andre Harris - Dance With Me... I am feeling my club/house joints right now... joint is crazy.

  • JD Productions - What I Feel... summertime groove.

  • Jay-Z - Lucifer [Brown Album]... Dug this outta the crates... smoothed-out Jay... one of my favorite remixes of the Black Album.

0 comments: