10/23/2008

Hot 16

  • 50 Cent - Get Up... even though his crew fell off they can still put out a club banga

  • Beyonce - Single Ladies... sticking with the formula but she makes it work

  • Busta Rhymes ft. Ron Browz - Arab Money... it's mostly the beat but it's good to see Busta back on top

  • Ciara ft T-Pain - Go Girl... this track is getting slept on and T-Pain kills his 16 [did I just type that?!]

  • Dujeous - Break Bread... someone is still trying to put out conscious hip-hop

  • Grafh ft Prinz - Like Ohh... someone is still trying to put out real NYC hip-hop

  • Jadakiss ft Ne-Yo - By My Side... I don't know if I like this or I'm just buggin' that Jada is making mainstream music

  • Jazmine Sullivan - In Love With Another Man... the album Lauryn should have put out... don't sleep on Jazmine [like you did on Chrisette]

  • Joe Thomas - Why Just Be Friends... the last real R&B dude out there

  • M.I.A. ft. Jay-Z - Boyz... who put her up on that Baltimore Club beat? This chick is sneaking politics back into hip-hop... P.E. must be so proud

  • Miguel Migs ft Junior Reid - Fire... defies category... just funky

  • Ms. Alysha - Fresh and Clean... this one may have been a stretch but I wanted to hear some dancehall

  • Musiq - Radio... didn't see this one coming... who knew he moved from illadelph to ATL?

  • Q-Tip - Won't Trade... the Native Tongues are being repped lovely... lyrics are back!!

  • Raphael Saadiq - 100 Yard Dash... okay, I dig Motown as much as the next dude but I think I now know why TTT broke up... it is catchy though

  • Ron Browz ft Jim Jones - Pop Champagne... pure hip-hop for a new gen

0 comments: